Friday, October 16, 2009

Best Of Breed

In September, me and Mommy went dog showing again. Here is my letter that I wrote to my breeder and my friends to tell them about it:

Dear Friends-

I had a very confusing day today. Mommy and me went dog showing yesterday and I was a VERY BAD DOG! I put my head down and would not let Mommy show me off to the judge. After we were done, Mommy said she was throwing in the towel with me.

When we went back today Mommy asked my friend Debbie to show me. After all the Ridgebacks dog-showed Mommy forgot to take me home. Then Debbie wanted to take me for a walk but she made a mistake and took me into a HUGE ring that was THREE TIMES the size of a normal ring, and it was full of all kinds of funny looking dogs. There were big dogs and small dogs, long haired dogs and short haired dogs, and dogs with funny ears. I was the only dog with a ridge! All of a sudden we were dog-showing again. I think the grown-ups were all crazy, cause nobody seemed to notice that we were in the wrong ring. But since everybody was being so nice to me, I didn't really mind. Even the judge seemed to like me and she asked Debbie some questions about me and then told her to take me around the ring faster so that she could see my 'extension", whatever that is. So we went around again really fast and people started clapping and it was really fun!

When it was all over I think the judge realized that we were in the wrong place after all because she did not let me win a ribbon. But Mommy says that was okay because four ribbons is enough for any puppy in one day, especially when one of them was for Best of Breed! I also got to win two points, so now I have a total of four points.

Then Mommy finally remembered to take me home.

Your Friend,

Tchaka

With my friend Debbie in the Hound Group Class
The Group judge looks in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment