Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Long Drive Home

After me and Charlotte were finished with our dog showing, Mommy decided that we should leave for home right away so that she could take me to my vet on Friday morning, just to make sure that I was really okay. Mommy sure worries about me a lot! We packed up all our stuff, and bid a sad farewell to my new friends Sundew and Catcher, and all of the grown-ups that we had met in Lansing. Then we headed for home, driving until it was really dark out and past my suppertime.

The next day we started driving again, and I got really, really carsick- sicker than I have ever gotten before. Mommy had to stop at a veterinarian's office and get me some carsick pills to make me feel better. Lucky for me, they worked, and I was able to relax and enjoy the rest of the drive home. It was after dark again by the time we finally got back to our farm. We were so happy to see Daddy and Matthew and all my canine and feline brothers and sisters again- we were gone for a very long time!

The next morning Mommy took me to see my vet, who said that I was A-okay. That was a huge relief for Mommy and she could finally stop worrying about me. She asked the vet to order me a whole box of carsick pills so that I won't get sick anymore when we go an another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment