Monday, June 8, 2009

Shiloh And Other New Pals


Here is a picture of me with one of our foster kittens. It was taken when I was 9 months old and Tigger was 14 weeks old.

I don't have many pictures for this installment of my blog because Mommy lost them all when her computer crashed. Daddy says he is going to try to retrieve them next winter when he has more time. I don't know why he has to wait till then- that's a LOOONG time away! Retrieving is EASY- I do it all the time. If I just knew what pictures smelled like I could rip that old hard drive apart with my teeth and GET those pictures! Oh well, till winter, I'll just have to get by with writing.

I wanted to tell you all about my first night in my new home, and about my first new pal. I had never been away from my canine mommy and my littermates until I went to Minnesota. A lot of little puppies would have been really upset by all of the changes, but Mommy says I took them all in stride. When we got home it was supper time, so that made me feel better. Then Mommy put me into an ex-pen with the strangest little dog. His name is Shiloh and he is an all-black Cockapoo. Shiloh was exactly twice my age- I was 8 weeks old and he was 16 weeks old, but we were almost the exact same size! We hit it off right away and played and played and played until it was time for bed. Mommy had a stroke of genius and decided that she would put me in Shiloh's crate to sleep with him. That made me really happy, and I think it made Shiloh happy, too. I know it made Mommy and Daddy happy 'cause they never heard a peep out of me or Shiloh all night long. I got to keep playing with my new pal and sharing a crate with him for 2 whole weeks. But then, Shiloh got adopted and went to his forever home to be with his new family. It turns out that we were fostering him so he wasn't even my real new brother. I missed him a lot, but was so happy that he found such a great new family.

After Shiloh left, my next new friend was RR Argos. Argos had also been a foster dog but it turned out that he loved living on our farm so much that Mommy and Daddy decided to adopt him. Argos and I get along great- we play Ridgeback rough all the time. For awhile after Shiloh left I slept alone in my own crate in the bedroom, but now I sleep in the ex-pen with Argos. Sometimes I get to sleep in the big bed with Mommy and Daddy, but they say that I fidget too much and nobody gets a good nights' sleep. I sleep GREAT-don't know what their problem is.

Besides Argos, there are two other dogs in our family. Abby is a Black Labrador Retriever. She hunts pheasants with Daddy. She has a great nose and lots of drive and wants to hunt birds all the time. She isn't very interested in me. Tsavo is another RR who used to be a foster dog before he came here. He doesn't like me very much at all! He used to bark at me all the time but he doesn't do that so much now that I am bigger. Mommy says that Tsavo is grumpy 'cause he doesn't feel good- he has lots of allergies and has to take medicine every day. I hope he feels better some day so he can play with me and Argos.

I never knew about cats before I came here, but we have LOTS and LOTS of them. Casey, Digit, and Andy live with us, but we also have foster cats and kittens sometimes till they get adopted. I like cats but Mommy thinks I sometimes play too rough with them, especially Andy. I like to grab him by his head and carry him around but Mommy is afraid I will hurt him.



No comments:

Post a Comment