Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pup Tent

Ever since I got to be too big a puppy to sleep in my crate I have been sleeping in my ex-pen. I like it 'cause it's nice and big and I can stretch out my loooong legs as much as I like. Or, I can curl up into a tiny little ball if I want. But after it was winter I started waking up in the middle of the night. Mommy thought maybe I had to go out to potty, but I never do that during the night anymore since I got to be a big hunting dog. Mommy kept trying to figure out what was wrong. I tried to tell her but she didn't understand, till one day she crawled into my ex-pen with me and lay down next to me. That's when she discovered that a draft was coming in from the door next to my ex-pen. She told Daddy that it was too cold for me on the floor.

Daddy told Mommy and me about a dog that he had when he was a little boy. That dog was named Fifi and she had a kind of tent that she liked to crawl into when she wanted to go to sleep. Daddy thought and thought and thought until he had an idea- he would make ME a tent, right in my ex-pen. So Mommy got my blanket with the cowboys and horses on it and Daddy fixed it right up so that I could crawl way back in it and be all warm and cozy. Mommy said it was a perfect Pup Tent for a PUP!

It is such a good tent that my cat brother Andy wanted to come and explore it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment